If you describe something as tiring, you mean that it makes you tired so that you want to rest or sleep. It had been a long and tiring day.
What is a fancy word for tired?
fatigued, limp, played out, tuckered (out), worn-out.
How do you say Feeling Tired?
- 5 Different Ways to Say “I’m tired ” in English. 17th April 2019. …
- I’m Beat. To be thoroughly fatigued or physically exhausted. …
- I’m pooped. If you are “pooped” , you are very tired. …
- I can hardly keep my eyes open. …
- I’m Spent. …
- Burnt Out.
How do you use tiring?
1) She found herself tiring more quickly these days. 2) As we neared the summit, we were tiring fast. 3) Looking after pre-school children is very tiring. 4) A long row is very tiring.
Can tiring be used as a verb?
Tiring can be a verb, a noun or an adjective.
Whats the definition of tiring?
: causing weariness or lack of strength or energy a tiring schedule a very tiring workout Karlowicz, a fifth-grade teacher, said she ran in last year’s Ragnar Relay Cape Cod, which gave her some familiarity with racing on back-to-back days. ” It’s so tiring,” she said. “
Is tiering a word?
Meaning of tiering in English
to arrange or organize something in tiers: The seats in the theatre were steeply tiered.
How do you spell tiring as in tired?
tir•ing /ˈtaɪrɪŋ/ adj. causing a feeling of tiredness:tiring exercises. annoying:a tiring woman.
Is tiring An adverb?
tiring adjective – Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes | Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com.
Is tiring an adjective?
TIRING (adjective) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
Is tired a adjective?
tired used as an adjective:
In need of some rest or sleep. Fed up, annoyed, irritated, sick of.
Is tired a verb or noun?
Word family (noun) tiredness (adjective) tired tireless tiresome tiring (verb) tire (adverb) tirelessly.
What is Strene?
n. 1. Race; offspring; stock; breed; strain. Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by G.
What trying time means?
Times of trouble, struggle, or unhappiness. I’ve had my share of trying times over the years, but they helped shape me into the person I am today.
What is an exhausting day?
making you feel extremely tired: I’ve had an exhausting day. Synonyms. tiring.
What part of speech is the word exhausting?
EXHAUSTING (adjective) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
What type of word is exhausting?
What type of word is ‘exhausting’? Exhausting is a verb – Word Type.
How do you use exhausting in a sentence?
- The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.
- It’s exhausting commuting from Brighton to London every day.
- This work is physically exhausting and emotionally draining.
- It had been an exhausting day.
- Trainee commandos are put through an exhausting assault course.
- I’ve had an exhausting day.
What does trials and tribulations mean?
Definition of trials and tribulations
formal. : difficult experiences, problems, etc. the trials and tribulations of starting a new business.
What’s a trial period?
Definitions of trial period. a period of time during which someone or something is tested. synonyms: test period. types: probation. a trial period during which an offender has time to redeem himself or herself.
What does the expression heavy heart mean?
: a great deal of sadness It is with a heavy heart that I bring you this bad news. I announced my decision to leave with a heavy heart.