What is another word for ineptitude?
In this page you can discover 19 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for ineptitude, like: incompetence, inability, worthlessness, clumsiness, awkwardness, ineptness, ungracefulness, bungling, incapacity, maladroitness and slowness.
What is inept sentence?
Definition of Inept. having or showing no skill. Examples of Inept in a sentence. 1. The teenager was an inept driver who could not back out of his driveway without hitting something.
What is the difference between ineptitude and ineptness?
As nouns the difference between ineptness and ineptitude
is that ineptness is the quality or degree of being inept while ineptitude is the quality of being inept.
What does moral ineptitude mean?
1. awkward, clumsy, or incompetent. 2. not suitable, appropriate, or fitting; out of place. Collins English Dictionary.
What is Maladroitness?
maladroit mal-uh-DROYT adjective. : lacking skill, cleverness, or resourcefulness in handling situations : inept.
What is the opposite of ineptitude?
Opposite of physical or mental inability to do something or to manage one’s affairs. ability. adequacy. capability. capacity.
What is a inadequacy?
: the condition of being not enough or not good enough Parents criticized the inadequacy of safety measures. inadequacy. noun. in·ad·e·qua·cy | (ˈ)in-ˈad-i-kwə-sē plural inadequacies.
What is social ineptitude?
A socially inept person is someone unfamiliar with the rules of social interaction. Their conversations don’t usually go smoothly because of this. It’s not as if they dislike having conversations with others, it’s just that they don’t know how to.
What does inanity mean in English?
1 : the quality or state of being inane: such as. a : vapid, pointless, or fatuous character : shallowness. b : lack of substance : emptiness.
Does inept mean silly?
generally awkward or clumsy; haplessly incompetent. inappropriate; unsuitable; out of place. absurd or foolish: an inept remark.
How do you use prescient in a sentence?
Examples of ‘prescient’ in a sentence prescient
- Will it prove to be prescient move once more?
- That anxiety has not proven to be prescient.
- His ridiculed forecasts for a return to growth this year have proved surprisingly prescient. …
- He will end up being proved prescient one day.
How do you use intimate in a sentence?
Intimate sentence example
- This new method was like being intimate with a stranger. …
- In a few weeks he’ll know your most intimate secrets. …
- Surprised by the intimate motion that seemed meant to comfort her, Deidre glanced up at him before nuzzling his neck.
What is the part of speech for ineptitude?
noun. in·ep·ti·tude | (ˌ)i-ˈnep-tə-ˌtüd , -ˌtyüd
Is Inaptitude a word?
lack of aptitude; unfitness. unskillfulness; lack of dexterity.
Is adeptness a word?
Natural or acquired facility in a specific activity: ability, art, command, craft, expertise, expertness, knack, mastery, proficiency, skill, technique.
What makes a person inept?
A clumsy, incompetent person — or an ineffective action — is inept. When you’re inept, you don’t know what you’re doing or just can’t get it done. Someone inept is bumbling, clueless, and ineffective. Inept people are dumb or clueless; they don’t understand things.
How do I stop being inept?
How can I feel more comfortable in social settings?
- Dive deep. Spending a little time learning more about social awkwardness might help you feel more accepting of this part of yourself. …
- Remember that awkward situations happen to everyone. …
- Face awkwardness head-on. …
- Practice interacting with others. …
- Try to stay present.
How can you tell if a guy is socially awkward?
Individuals with SAD may fear:
- Being introduced to others.
- Teasing or criticism.
- Being the center of attention.
- Being watched while doing something.
- Meeting authority figures.
- Social encounters, especially with those whom they don’t know.
- Public speaking, even in small groups.
- Interpersonal relationships.
What is inadequate vocabulary?
lacking the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task. “inadequate training” “the staff was inadequate” synonyms: unequal deficient, lacking, wanting. inadequate in amount or degree.
Is Inadequate an emotion?
Most often, feelings of inadequacy are rooted in childhood experiences, like having had overly critical parents, cruel peers, shaming authority figures, or, perhaps, having not had opportunities to engage in positive, challenging experiences that help children gain feelings of competence and adequacy.
How do you use inadequate?
Inadequate sentence example
- Gabriel had never felt inadequate in his life until that moment. …
- His size was inadequate for any hopes of a serious basketball future but he was obviously a fine athlete. …
- The force was inadequate , but it was all that Holland could spare.
Can a person be ineffable?
If something is so powerful or emotional that you can’t even describe it, it’s ineffable. Ineffable ideas and emotions are difficult to put into words. Parents might feel an ineffable sadness and pride when watching their youngest child graduate from high school.
What does special aptitude mean?
capability; ability; innate or acquired capacity for something; talent: She has a special aptitude for mathematics. readiness or quickness in learning; intelligence: He was placed in honors classes because of his general aptitude. the state or quality of being apt; special fitness.
What is the meaning of Cloddish?
Definitions of cloddish. adjective. heavy and dull and stupid. synonyms: doltish stupid. lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity.